Good day to all Club Owners,
Prosperity Martial Arts Centre would like to invite your club to participate in this year’s Prosperity Friendship Tournament.
This tournament caters for Traditional Martial Arts and Non-Olympic karate (Japanese & Korean) as well as any stand-up styles such as Kick Boxing and Korean Fighting Systems and it is a friendly, but highly competitive championship for all dojos. Through this championship we would like to encourage friendship, participation, and interaction, irrespective of style and organisation and would love to see you there.
Furthermore, the championship is an opportunity for clubs to introduce their novice students to a competition environment, as well as to prepare their more experienced athletes for upcoming provincial and national tournaments.
Please note the following:
NO regional or provincial colours will be awarded at the championship.
This is merely a friendly competition, and has no bearing whatsoever on any organisation, team selection or any other form of merit other than the Prosperity Friendship Tournament results.
Unfortunately, NO refunds will be given for no-shows or competitors who, due to illness are unable to compete on the day of the championship.
REGISTER your referees, judges, and jury table officials as per the online registration process.
There is a snack shop to cater to our hungry competitors and spectators. Card facility is available for payments. Our officials will be catered for throughout the championship.
A live feed (this will be dependent on Wi-Fi availability) for the championship will also be made available for those who wish to view online. We will share the stream address with all instructors closer to the time.
Our aim is for the development of the athletes and officials, so we are hoping for a fun day of friendly competition and learning.
All payments and entries must be given to the Club Head of each Club. The Club Head must please transfer their clubs’ entries as a bulk payment. NO entries from individual students from any club will be accepted.
Please note entries will close on 7 February 2024. We need to finalise the following in advanced:
• Compile and finalise the Male & Female Divisions and to identify if there are any mistakes and or incorrect entries.
• Compile and finalise the drawsheets for each division.
• Calculate the correct total entries so that we can plan accordingly how many tatami’s we need for the day of the tournament to ensure it is professional and running smoothly.
• To determine the total referees, judges, and jury table officials that will assist at the competition.
• To finalise the Order of Event for the tournament.
Attached are the following documents:
1. Tournament Invitation Letter with all the necessary info.
2. Competitor Entry & Indemnity Form that MUST be completed and signed by the competitor.
3. Tournament Categories & Style Belt Rank
If there are any other queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
PS: PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ENTRY PAYMENTS MUST BE DONE VIA EFT TO THE WP-CTSD CAPITEC ACCOUNT:
Banking Details: WP-CTSD
Account No: 1551687087
Branch Code: 470010