Dear Dojo Heads
New World Shotokan Karate extends this invitation to your dojo to participate in the 4th and final leg of the Karate League Championship for 2023.
This tournament caters for Traditional Martial Arts and Non-Olympic karate (Japanese & Korean) and it is a friendly, but highly competitive championship for all dojos. Through this championship we would like to continue the friendship, participation and interaction, irrespective of style and organisation as nurtured in the previous league championships.
Please note the following:
• No regional or provincial colours will be awarded at the championship.
• This is merely a friendly championship, and has no bearing whatsoever on any organisation, team selection or
any other form of merit other than the Karate League Invitation Championships results.
• There will be a coffee stand, snack shop and food on sale to cater for our hungry competitors and spectators.
Card facility is available for payments.
• All officials will be catered for on the day.
• A live feed (this will be dependent on Wi-Fi availability) for the championship will also be made available for
those who wish to view online.
• The stream address will be shared with all instructors closer to the time.
Registration – Online registration process
• Officials - referees, judges, and jury table officials
Please note entries will close on Friday, 13 October 2023 to assist with finalization of the following:
• Compile and finalise the Male & Female Divisions and to identify if there are any mistakes and/or incorrect
• Compile and finalise the drawsheets for each division.
• Calculate the correct total entries so that we can plan accordingly for the correct amount of
tatamis that will be required for the day of the championship to ensure a professionally and smoothly run event.
• To determine the total number of referees, judges, and jury table officials that will be required to assist at this
• To finalise the Order of Events for these championships for distribution to all participating dojos.
• All entries and payments must be given to the Dojo Head of each Dojo.
• The Dojo Head must kindly transfer their dojo’s entries as a bulk payment.
• No entries from individual students from any Dojo will be accepted.
• Unfortunately, no refunds will be given for did no-shows (DNS) or competitors who, due to illness are unable to compete on the day of the championship.
Please note that all entry payments must be done via eft to the following banking details:
Account Name: Neko Karate Centre
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Type: Current/Cheque
Account No: 07 166 883 7
Branch Code: 031 110 44
Reference: NWS L4 – Dojo Name
If there are any other queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on the e-mail address provide on the home page of this event.