Boland Dragons Karate
Wed May 3, 2023 @ 11:59 PM SAST about 1 month ago
First 2 categories:
Additional categories: R100 each
Teams: R50 per team member per category
Good day to all Dojo Owners,
Boland Dragons Karate club would like to invite your dojo to participate in this year’s Boland Dragons Karate league.
This tournament is a friendly, but highly competitive competition for all dojos. Through our tournaments we would like to encourage friendship, participation, and interaction, irrespective of style and organisation and would love to see you there.
Furthermore, these tournaments are an opportunity for dojos to introduce their novice students to a competition environment, as well as to prepare their more experienced athletes for upcoming provincial and national tournaments.
Please note the following:
NO regional or provincial colours will be awarded at this tournament.
This is merely a friendly tournament and has no bearing whatsoever on any organisation, team selection or any other form of merit other than the Boland Dragons Karate League.
Unfortunately, NO refunds will be given for no-shows or competitors who, due to illness are unable to compete on the day of this tournament.
We would like to encourage all dojos to send referees, judges, and table officials, with the hope to further develop officials for future tournaments in the Western Cape. Please send through the names of your referees, judges, and jury table officials as per the registration form. Please encourage your officials to volunteer their assistance – this will in turn lead to a more efficiently run tournament, as well as reduce the workload for each official.
There will be a snack shop and food stand to cater to our hungry competitors and spectators. A card facility will be available for payment. Our officials will be catered for throughout the championship.
The following stands will be available at the championship:
1. Tuck Shop
Our aim is for the development of the athletes and officials, so we are hoping for a fun day of friendly competition and learning.
All payments and entries must be given to the Dojo Head of each Dojo. The Dojo Head must please transfer their dojo’s entries as a bulk payment. NO entries from individual students from any Dojo will be accepted.
Please note entries will close on 1 May 2023. We need to finalise the following in advanced:
• Compile and finalise the Male & Female Divisions and to identify if there are any mistakes and or incorrect entries.
• Compile and finalise the drawsheets for each division.
• Calculate the correct total entries so that we can plan accordingly how many tatami’s we need for the day of the tournament to ensure it is professional and running smoothly.
• To determine the total referees, judges, and jury table officials that will assist at the competition.
• To finalise the Order of Event for the tournament.
Attached are the following documents:
1. Tournament Invitation Letter with all the necessary info.
2. Competitor Entry & Indemnity Form that MUST be completed and signed by the competitor.
If there are any other queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you all there!