Kenwyn Martial Arts Centre
Wed June 7, 2023 @ 11:59 PM SAST 2 days ago
Additional categories: R50 each
Teams: R50 per team + R50 per team per category + R50 per team member per category
I will be celebrating my 40th year in training and will be hosting a karate & Kobudo friendship Tournament on Sat 10 June 2023 at Wynberg Military Hall and we wish to extend a warm invitation to you and your organization to join us on this day.
The aim of this event is to foster the spirit of friendship that we all share in the common practice of karate-do and Kobudo.
We therefore wish to encourage you to promote this event within your organization and enter as many students as possible.
We would also request that you provide us with the names of referees/judges, table officials as well as the name of your organization's coach for the day.
Payment as well as proof of payment will not be accepted on the morning of the tournament.
The tournament Karate rules are as follows:
*WUKF semi contact & clicker rules
The tournament Kobudo rules will be based Okinawan traditional rules.
*Traditional Kobudo(Shimbukan,matayoshi,Yamene Ryu, students with Kobudo rank/grade)& Non traditional Kobudo
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR(KARATE) WUKF:
Each competitor is to expect to provide their own equipment for the item/s that they are participating in:
Kumite - WUKF Mitts & Gum guards are compulsory for all competitors.
Kata & Kumite - Red and White belts only.
For all divisions the kata will be followed immediately by the kumite and medal presentation.
The tournament will start with the junior division being done first.
Divisions will be based on the age of the competitor on the day of the competition
Third & Fourth place will be awarded.
Entries may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.SEMI CONTACT CLICKER COMPETITION RULES
A. CONTEST STRUCTURE
All matches will consist of one 1½ minute round (fighting time).
B. F I G H T I N G RU L E S
1. Hand or elbow strikes to the neck, back and head areas are not permitted.
2. All kicks and strikes to the groin/breast are not permitted.
3. All punches (semi-contact) to the body are allowed.
4. Kicks (semi-contact) to the head and body are permitted.
5. Kicks to the legs are not allowed.
6. Throwing and sweeping techniques are not allowed.
1. Any fighter who deliberately and intentionally strikes his/her opponents face (head), neck or groin/breast will be disqualified forthwith.
2. If a fighter accidentally strikes his/her opponent in the forbidden areas, he/she will receive a penalty. Three penalties amount to immediate disqualification.
3. If a fighter continually moves outside the fighting area to avoid attack, he/she will receive a penalty.
4. A fighter who repeatedly grabs and holds his/her opponent with both hands will also receive a penalty.
A fighter can win either by points or by decision.
1. Winning by points:
a. Three points will be awarded for any kick to the head. The match will be stopped and the points awarded.
b. One point will be awarded for any kick to the body. A maximum of three punches may be executed then the competitor must either break or do a kick technique. The fighter with the most points at the end of the match will be declared the winner.
c. For any technique to be awarded a point, it is required that the contestant deliver it with good form and balance.
2. Winning by decision:
a. In the event of the match ending in a draw, ie. both contestants having the same score, an extension of one minute will be allowed.
b. If both fighters have the same amount of points at the end of the extension, the fight will be awarded on the basis of relative spirit and technical excellence of the participants. The fighter who did not adhere to the 3 punch break rule will then automatically be at a disadvantage.
3. Winning by default:
If any fighter obtains a penalty his/her opponent will receive one point in their favour.
NB:THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL , JOIN OR AMEND ANY DIVISIONS ON THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT.
Any queries may be directed to the below-mentioned.
Yours in Budo,
Kenwyn Martial Arts Centre